Skip to main content

Transfer Students

Because the FIS department has a very structured curriculum in the first two years, applicants interested in transferring from other school often encounter difficulties.  If you are a transfer student considering WVU, please contact Dr. Saya Bobick or Dr. Rachel Mohr to discuss your status. In general, transfer students should have some of the following courses from another accredited institution of higher learning: general chemistry, general biology, physics, and calculus. Transfer students will be also expected to meet the department’s standards for admission as laid out in the WVU catalog.

Typically, unless a transfer student is coming from another FEPAC-accredited institution, they will not be able to transfer into the upper-level program. In any case, students would be held to the university-wide residency rules in order to obtain a degree at WVU.