Forensic & Investigative Science Club
WVU Forensic & Investigative Science Club
The WVU Forensic & Investigative Science Club is a recognized West Virginia University Student Organization. The club started in 2001 and currently has over 180 members. Students may join the club at the beginning of the fall semester. The club meets on the first Wednesday of every month during the academic year at 6:00 p.m. in Ming Hsieh Hall, room G20. All students majoring or minoring in Forensic & Investigative Science are encouraged to join the club and participate in the many professional and social events offered by the Club. The Club Advisor, Mrs. Tiffany Edwards, Teaching Assistant Professor, can be reached at 304-293-8606 or email@example.com.
- Annual dues: $20
- Annual dues + short-sleeve T-shirt: $30
- Annual dues + long-sleeve T-shirt: $35
The Club sponsors and supports various events and activities throughout the year such as:
- Speakers on various forensic science subjects. Past meeting presenters were experts in their field including an FBI agent, Forensic odontologist, Innocence Project attorney, motivational speaker, DNA scientist, crime scene investigator, a psychologist speaking about dealing with stress and a Crime Scene reconstructionist.
- Educational conferences such as the American Academy of Forensic Science, Chesapeake Bay Division of the International Association for Identification and the Mid-Atlantic Association of Forensic Scientists.
- Social activities such as hosting a ‘welcome back’ picnic within the first two weeks of the fall semester, Fright Farm night, Zombie Walk, bowling, movie night and other fun outings.
- Community projects such as filling stockings for children served by the Salvation Army, Special Olympics, Bartlett House, Nursing Homes, WVU Children’s Hospital, County School System Science Fairs, Fingerprinting Children at Mountaineer Week Family Fun Day and Trunk or Treat Night.
- The Club also partakes in field trips throughout the academic year. Past trips have included The FBI CJIS Headquarters in Clarksburg, FBI Headquarters/Laboratory in Quantico, VA, West Virginia State Police Crime Laboratory, Medical Examiner’s Office, Forensic Laboratories and Police Stations.
- Designing and selling WVU forensic science merchandise including t-shirts and jackets.
Follow Us On Facebook and Twitter! Search “WVU Forensic Science Club"